Countif Counting Formulas It Seems

brenda1996

Hi all,

Seeking help in trying to figure out why my CountIF formulas are not working.

I have formulas laid out the same way and one returns correct values without counting formulas but the other counts every populated cell with a formula.

=COUNTIF($E$3:$E$30000,"SHOULD BE DAY")&" 365 DAY Check" returns correct values for cells with formulas =IF(AND(C3=365,OR(D3="MON",D3="YR",D3="")),"SHOULD BE DAY","") in them, 28 total.

=COUNTIF($F$3:$F$30000,"SHOULD BE MON or YR")&" MON / YR Check" returns ALL values for cells with formulas =IF(AND(C3<>365,OR(D3="DAY",D3="")),"SHOULD BE MON or YR","") in them, 9205 total.

Cells are formatted to General and have also tried Text but get the same results.

I am at a loss, Any insight as to what I may be doing wrong is sincerely appreciated.

Brenda

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
There is nothing wrong with the formula. Check that you don't have cells towards the bottom of the sheet that return "SHOULD BE MON or YR" as you will get that value if both C & D are blank

Upvote 0
Solution
Your second formula seems to return the correct value for me (only those cells with "SHOULD BE MON or YR" in column F.
Are you sure you have automatic calculations turned on?
What happens in you press F9?

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with the formula. Check that you don't have cells towards the bottom of the sheet that return "SHOULD BE MON or YR" as you will get that value if both C & D are blank
Removing the D3="" fixed it as it should not have been there. I knew I was overlooking something. Thank you for pointing out the blank in the formula! I appreciate ya Fluff!

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Your second formula seems to return the correct value for me (only those cells with "SHOULD BE MON or YR" in column F.
Are you sure you have automatic calculations turned on?
What happens in you press F9?
Hi Joe! Removing the D3="" fixed it as it should not have been there. I knew I was overlooking something. Thanks for your reply and ideas!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back