COUNTIF formula for multiple ranges.

speedychaz94

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello.

As you'll be able to gather, I am no excel expert, but I do enjoy learning new excel formulas. I hope someone will be able to help me with this one.
I have been running a private fantasy football (soccer for many) league for many years using excel to document the league table. Each month we have awards for managers that achieve the highest monthly total. I am now trying to create a tally for each manager on how many monthly awards they have had. Attached is a rough example of what my data looks like. In B3:B13 I would like a formula to calculate how many times manager names appears in cells G16, K16, R16, U16, X16 & AB16. Ordinally this would be simple formula, but I need it to be a partial match because occasionally two names appear for when it is a tie. Also, in my original document these cell references are in another workbook, so I get a #Value! error when I close the associated workbook whenever I use the countif formula.
I do hope this makes sense and that someone can help.

Many Thanks

Charlie

Attachments

• screen shot fantasy football sample.png
    screen shot fantasy football sample.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 10
  • screen shot fantasy football sample.png
    screen shot fantasy football sample.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
A gentle reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back