COUNTIF function error - missing data until I go in and out of field is is 'counting'

Schlongosaur

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I am a massive novice when it comes to Excel however cannot work out what is happening here...

Am using a very simple COUNTIF function however this function is missing data which it only then picks up if I click the data field, go into the formula bar and hit enter.
I am not changing anything in the formula bar so see no reason why this should make a difference?

Please do shout if there is any more information needed to help you help me in any way at all with this.

The cell format is irrelevant as it doesn't affect what is actually in the cell. How are those cells being populated?
Entered manually at first (using the fill handle to save time) and then copy/pasted where there were blocks which were identical.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
In that case it sounds as though someone has entered the values incorrectly. You can use the text to columns on the data tab to convert the column to numbers.

Upvote 0
Solution
In that case it sounds as though someone has entered the values incorrectly. You can use the text to columns on the data tab to convert the column to numbers.
You are a wizard! That has sorted it.

I entered the data myself, not sure how I would have entered some of the values as numbers and others not? But all solved now so thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike575

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back