Countif Not Equal to Multiple Criteria

Will85

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
On sheet 1 I have a data set of home values and the zip code in which the home is located, zip codes can be repeated.

Column A is the list of zip codes, column B is the homes value, the list is a couple hundred rows.

On sheet 2 I have a list of specific zip codes that I am interested in, about 20.

A1:A20 contain my list of specific zip codes I am interested in tracking. Columns B, C, D all have formulas to count the number of homes from Sheet 1 that both matches the zip code in column A as well as if the value of the home is less than 499k, 500k-999k, 1m-1.5m, etc.

But my list of 20 specific zip codes is not representative of the entire data set from sheet 1.

I would like a formula to countif any zip code not contained in A1:A20 falls into the home value buckets of columns B, C, D.

I know I could individually exclude each one of the 20 specific zip codes in a countif formula, but I assume there has to be a better way.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
The easiest way is to count all of the values in the bucket while ignoring the zip codes, then subtract the count of values that do match the listed zip codes.

Assuming that you already have formulas returning counts for the listed codes then the existing results can be used for that part.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back