COUNTIF Problems!

WBlack1234

Hi there

I have a problem in that my COUNTIF formula keeps returning incorrect values.

I'm trying to create a table in my first worksheet which I want to count the number of enquiries that we have set to "Completed" in the last 7 days, but that are older than 7 days old ie- that their 'request received date' is more than 7 days old. I've copied my draft table below followed by the formula that I've created so far, I'd be grateful if someone could have a look and see where I'm going wrong!

All the other formulas used in the table work perfectly, but for some reason I just can't get the last one to work.

CEFE&ESCSCSTSCEOICTOCSPHFOI TeamTotal
New requests (received in last 7 days)
In Progress3127136101236
Complete00000000000
Total New Requests3127136101236
Other active requests (more than 7 days old)
In Progress Not Yet Due5982011211140
In Progress Overdue01001040006
Completed in last 7 days (This is the problem row)00000000000
Total Requests in Progress51082111611146
Total Requests822153417712382

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col span="11"></colgroup>

=COUNTIFS('Request Log'!$J:$J,Dashboard!D$8,'Request Log'!$A:$A,"<"&Q2-7,'Request Log'!$I:$I,"COMPLETE",'Request Log'!$C:$C,">="&Q2-7)

Many thanks

Wes

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi there, they are on the second worksheet ("Request Log"), not the one on which the formula is written.

I should probably mention that there is a control date, which the user can change in cell Q2 on sheet 1, hence the formula containing 'Q2-7', for example.

Upvote 0
please show us a few rows of request log

Here we are, I could also forward a copy of the excel doc if this helps? I can't see an attach file option on here however.

First working day of requestDate request must be completedDate request actually completedLegislation [FOI/EIR]FOI ReferenceName of ApplicantOrganisationInformation RequestedStatusDirectorate handling request
04-Jul-1431-Jul-14 FOI1Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.In ProgressICT
08-Jul-1404-Aug-14 FOI2Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.In ProgressTS
09-Jul-1405-Aug-1423-AugFOI3Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.CompleteICT
09-Jul-1405-Aug-1414-AugEIR4Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.CompleteE&E
15-Jul-1411-Aug-1415-JulFOI5Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.CompleteICT
23-Jul-1419-Aug-14 FOI6Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.In ProgressOCS
24-Jul-1420-Aug-1427-JulFOI7Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.CompleteICT
24-Jul-1420-Aug-1429-AugFOI8Mr XOrganisation XInformation information information information information information.CompleteICT

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
sorry i am on holiday away for 5 days if not solved when i return i will try - have a cell with today's date in it and check if today minus completion date is less than 8 days

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back