Countif(s) Date-Days, referencing another cell.

gregoryjb

Hi all,

Any help with the following would be greatly appreciated.

Essentially, what I'm trying to achieve is a COUNTIFS function, which looks up the number of times a specific client has performed a transaction within 7, 28, 90 and 180 days, as per the attached screenshot. For reference, the client and date columns are within sheet 'Data', with the client name in column BB and the date in column L.

I'm struggling with the date -7 days part of the function/formula?

I'm using cells to provide the dates -7/28/90/180. I would have thought that the following would work for minus seven days (Cell C14) - =countif(data!L:L,">=C7"). As you can see from cell C14 however, this is not prompting the correct outcome, giving me just '1', when there should be a good deal more.

I hope that my explanation is sufficient, but please let me know if you need more information. Once I've cracked this date aspect, I can add in the client element and bump it up to a countifs, which shouldn't be a problem. I'm just struggling to get over this date aspect.

Attachments

• image_2021-08-02_10-12-42.png
    image_2021-08-02_10-12-42.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 27

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Steve is not simply 'a fish', Steve is a heroic fish.

Thank you so much for this. I remember from previous work that there are occasions where '&' must be used, although I don't know where and why, despite being 'ok' with formulas/functions. I'll have to do some research on this.

Again, thanks very much for your help. The fly on the wall witnessed my clenched fist of success (yours really) as the number updated.

Upvote 0
You are doing it because you are using a cell reference. The way you had it you were using a literal 'is it greater or equal to C7' not the value of cell C7.

Upvote 0
The reason you were getting 1 is no doubt you had a header in there that didnt start with A or B which would make it greater than the literal 'C7'

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back