CountIf with And: Is this correct?

=COUNTIF('FW FILE DUMP'!C1:C211="Very Satisfied")AND('FW FILE DUMP'!A1:A13="ADMISSIONS AUTH & TRANSFERS")

Give me the total of Very Satisfied where the department name is ADMISSIONS AUTH & TRANSFERS.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
No. COUNTIF can only handle one criterion.

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('FW FILE DUMP'!C1:C211="Very Satisfied"),--('FW FILE DUMP'!A1:A211="ADMISSIONS AUTH & TRANSFERS"))

Note that both ranges (C1:C211 and A1:A211) have to be the same size.

Upvote 0
Hi

For this, use SUMPRODUCT instead:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('FW FILE DUMP'!C1:C211="Very Satisfied"),--('FW FILE DUMP'!A1:A211="ADMISSIONS AUTH & TRANSFERS"))

Note though that the ranges must be the same size.

Richard

Upvote 0
RE:

No. COUNTIF can only handle one criterion.

Try:

Note that both ranges (C1:C211 and A1:A211) have to be the same size.

Can I choose an aray or search for a value in a column that have multiple department names and multiple responses such as in:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('FW FILE DUMP'!C1:C211=DEPARTMENTS!B1),--('FW FILE DUMP'!A1:A211=DEPARTMENTS!A2))

I am trying to keep the same format while copying the formula down to the other rows but it seems that I have to modify each cell to meet my requirements. Is there a faster way I can do this?

Upvote 0
Yes, but make sure you make the ranges absolutes so they don't change as you copy them down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('FW FILE DUMP'!$C$1:$C$211=DEPARTMENTS!B1),--('FW FILE DUMP'!$A$1:$A$211=DEPARTMENTS!A2))

Richard

Upvote 0
RE:

Yes, but make sure you make the ranges absolutes so they don't change as you copy them down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('FW FILE DUMP'!$C$1:$C$211=DEPARTMENTS!B1),--('FW FILE DUMP'!$A$1:$A$211=DEPARTMENTS!A2))

Richard

Thanks you very much that worked fine... Now the customer changed how the data dump will be pulling against those tables in Oracle..... I'll get back with you thanks.

Upvote 0
Next, I would like to create a tab for the departments that exist in our pull for the dump into excel, below is the structure, how do I do this systematically?

IF ‘FW FILE DUMP_DEPT ‘!A1:A211 = ‘DEPARTMENT’!A2:A211 THEN SHOW TAB on Worksheet that = department name in Department listing.
ELSE HIDE TAB that DOES NOT equal ‘FW FILE DUMP_DEPT ‘!A1:A211 on Worksheet
END IF;

This is to prevent the customer from printing blank tabs that do not have data that coorespond to it. The last formula worked great!!! Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back