countif with multiple criteria

tompach

I'm trying to create countif formula that will not only count a tech name but number of time he went out to satify a work order

IE

as we can see tech john c went out 4 time to satisfy w/o 248125. but how do i display that on another sheet.
I know the formula for just counting tech name appearance but how do i include the rest. does the make more sense as a dcount formula, with multiple statements. can some one please help me

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Have a look at the COUNTIFS function (for post-2003 systems) or, otherwise, e.g., at the SumProduct function.

Upvote 0
I would suggest adding columns to somehow fill in the blank rows so that every line has an indication of what it belongs to. With all the blanks, you're making it harder to use a non-VBA solution for this. If you want multiple criteria, you'll want to use COUNTIFS() (it looks like you're using 2010 or 2013, so you should have no compatibility problems with it), and you'll easily be able to sum/count the data once you have no blanks everywhere.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back