Countifs a certain value is present in a certain range

John_356

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day,

Here's a little background just to make things slightly more engaging and easier to contextualize:

I'm managing from a distance a small company based in the Middle East and because of the ways they do business over there, payments are made without mentioning the invoice number or any payment reference. Fortunately we do have an accounting software from which I can make CSV extractions of customer payments, customer account balances and invoices. The hardest part is done, which is to figure out a way to implement a FIFO logic with the numbers and automate it.

As you can see from the screenshot below, the macro gathers every payment (P1, P2...) for each customer ID and calculates what is still owed etc, not really rocket science :)

I'm currently struggling with crazy nested IF functions so if I could use a COUNTIFS function to check whether a payment (P1, P2 etc...) has already been accounted for that would make my life so much easier.

FYI P1, P2, P.. columns should only have one value per ID so I would like to use a COUNTIFS formula to check if the payment has already been accounted for. I've changed the font to bold red of some P3 payments which have been accounted for many times in this example's sake.

At your disposal should you need more info from me.

Cheers

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.5 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
It goes without saying all my attempts to use a COUNTIFS formula as described above have failed, would be very grateful if someone can point me in the right direction

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back