=COUNTIFS CALCULATION GIVING #VALUE!

lostboyca

Board Regular
I am trying to calculate a certain strings using =COUNTIFS(1:1,"TEST1",2:15,"PASS") which is giving me #VALUE! error. As the data goes on I will add more information after the D column and I want it to calculate automatically. Am I using the wrong function? So my expectation that it looks on column 1 for the word TEST1 if it sees the text I would like it to count the text PASS underneath it.

ABCD
1TEST1TEST2TEST3TEST4
2PASSFAILFAILFAIL
3PASSPASSFAILPASS
4FAILFAILPASSFAIL
5FAILPASSFAILFAIL

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Your ranges need to be the same size/shape. Assuming the TEST items won't repeat, you could use:

=COUNTIF(INDEX($1:$1048576,0,MATCH("TEST1",1:1,0)),"PASS")

Upvote 0
Your ranges need to be the same size/shape. Assuming the TEST items won't repeat, you could use:

=COUNTIF(INDEX($1:$1048576,0,MATCH("TEST1",1:1,0)),"PASS")
This almost worked when I did a copy to another section the calculation did not work. For example I copy Cell B - H to I - O and update the formula to point to the correct parameters it will not calculate. see attachment. I'm grabbing data from other worksheet for this as well. Weird this forum does not allow you to post the exact excel. One of the sample is =COUNTIF(INDEX(CAL_Default_SLP_Port9100_NetBio!$2:$500,0,MATCH($B$1,1:1,0)),$C$2). you can download the zip excel from http://www.lemongrass-bistro.com/INDEX_MATCH_CALCULATION.zip zipped excel

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
If you're matching to a different sheet, you need to include that sheet name for the 1:1 part:

Excel Formula:
=COUNTIF(INDEX(CAL_Default_SLP_Port9100_NetBio!$2:$500,0,MATCH($I$1,CAL_Default_SLP_Port9100_NetBio!$1:$1,0)),$J$2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back