COUNTIFS, EOMONTH and TODAY :)

natnato

Hey,

I would like to count all employed people(Employed) who graduated from uni (G) and received professional qualification (Q) during the month of May. So far this formula works well;

=COUNTIFS('Sheet 2'!B:B,"Employed",'Sheet 2'!R:R,"G",'Sheet 2'!AB:AB,"Q",'Sheet 2'!Z:Z,">4/30/2015")

However in order to avoid manually updating the "date" criteria every month when I update this sheet, I'd like to automate it. Therefore I want a formula/macro button that automatically counts the number employed gardautes who qualified over the past month (as of the end of the month).

To do that, EOMONTH sounded perfect. Therefore I wrote this formula and thought it would work;

=COUNTIFS('Sheet 2'!B:B,"Employed",'Sheet 2'!R:R,"G",'Sheet 2'!AB:AB,"Q",'Sheet 2'!Z:Z,">EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)")

However the function with eomonth part gives me the same wrong result no matter what changes I bring to the EOMONTH "month" part. regardless if it's -1, -10/-20 it gives me the same wrong answer. I don't know what went wrong ? My dates are all properly formatted.

Also, a macro button that could help me update the month part of my function would be welcome too :)

Any other ideas on how I could update that to automatically get the result I want is are welcome :)

Please please help me :) thank you
Thank you!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi there,

There is a thread which had some great formula which may help you, as they combine dates and products and numbers!

It called "COUNTIFS or SUMPRODUCT" started by dunmore83.

One of the formulas are =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($E$7:$E$46)=$A3),--(YEAR($E$7:$E$46)=$A2),--($N$7:$N$46=$A4),$T$7:$T$46).

Check it out, if it not what you need, re-post and we will try and sort it!

I also used them with drop down boxes which meant that I could change the month, year, and in your case the uni and it would still work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try: (moved the last " and added & as shown in red below):
Code:
=COUNTIFS('Sheet 2'!B:B,"Employed",'Sheet 2'!R:R,"G",'Sheet 2'!AB:AB,"Q",'Sheet 2'!Z:Z,">[COLOR=#ff0000]"&[/COLOR]EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back