Counting backwards maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keshek

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been trying to automate an excel sheet for my old man and have run into some trouble.
At random intervals there will be input numbers the second column, and im trying to figure out how to make the first column divide that number by the amount of blank cells since last entry.

#REF!
#REF!
#REF!
#REF!
#REF!
#REF!
#REF!
#REF!192.00

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(U132)),U132/COUNTBLANK($T$2:T131),T133)

That is the formula i have been trying to use.

Any input would be appriciated.

EDIT: Also thought about using count in collumn 2 but cant figure out how to make it count backwards untill last input.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
can you update your profile to reflect the version of Excel both you or your old man are using please ? (as each has different ways to do things...)

Upvote 0
can you update your profile to reflect the version of Excel both you or your old man are using please ? (as each has different ways to do things...)
Hey, I have updated my profile. I believe my old man is using 2016, and I must confess that I am using google sheets to try and fix it :)

Upvote 0
Hey, I have updated my profile. I believe my old man is using 2016, and I must confess that I am using google sheets to try and fix it :)
Are you trying to do this in Excel or Google Sheets?

While there are many similarities, they are NOT the same program, and what works in one may not work in the other.
So it is important for us to know which program you are trying to do this in.

If you have questions about "Google Sheets", please also be sure to mention that in your post and post it in the appropriate forum (the "General Discussion & Other Applications" forum instead of the "Excel Questions" forum). Note the description on it:

1681473709283.png

If you are looking for a Google sheets solution, let me know, and I can move this thread for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back