Counting cell colours - Conditional formatting

Joanne_

Hi everyone,

Can somebody please help with this ?
I would like to count the coloured cells which have been coloured by conditional formatting.

I have used a macro to count the cells, but I can only get the total to pop up on the screen (which is what I don't want).
I want to be able to have the total show in a cell on the worksheet as I have multiple columns / rows which need to be counted and I need to have them show the totals all at the same time.

Thanks.

Jo.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi, welcome to the board :)

Why not use the same logic that you used in the CF rule/s, and build that into a COUNTIF/S?

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Can somebody please help with this ?
I would like to count the coloured cells which have been coloured by conditional formatting.

I have used a macro to count the cells, but I can only get the total to pop up on the screen (which is what I don't want).
I want to be able to have the total show in a cell on the worksheet as I have multiple columns / rows which need to be counted and I need to have them show the totals all at the same time.
It sounds like you have individual ranges that you want separate and individual counts for... it so, you are going to have to tell us what those individual ranges are.

Upvote 0
That might actually be a good idea Ford !

I never thought of it, I'll see if it will be enough to get me through this spreadsheet ! :)

Thanks for your help !

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding Rick ! I'll see how Ford's idea goes and if I need to go back to cell colour counting I'll let you know !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back