counting checkmarks in excel 2003

mapesii

I am kinda new at excel so I might seem a little dumb about this. But I am using Excel 2003 and I have a worksheet with 60 rows and 15 columns. Using form tool I put a checkmark box in every cell. I want to count the total amount of boxes checked at the end of each row. Can this be done. Also is there another way to do this thatt might be easier. My goal was to be able to use only the mouse to select or unselect each box to eliminate using key strokes.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Have you linked the checkboxes to cells? If so then let's say you linked them to cells A1 thru A60 then you could just use
  • =SUMPRODUCT(--A1:A60)

Upvote 0
Forms toolbar
For forms checkboxes right-click and pick format control... off the popup menu (it's the last option) and on the control tab of the dialog box (last tab) you can set the link cell. [In all honesty, I've never understood why anyone would put a checkbox on a worksheet and not link a cell to it - without linking I don't see what's the point of the checkbox?]

Once you have the links set, then you can use the SUMPRODUCT formula I showed you above.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back