counting function

polshek

I have a spreadsheet with a column (F) that is made up of the same formula dragged down. This column also has conditional formatting applied, such that it will strike out the formula response. I would like to count the number of times that the cells in the column are NOT struck through. Is this somehow possible?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Yes, base it on whatever the conditional formatting formula is. What is the formula you are using for the conditional formatting?

Upvote 0
Just replicate the CF formula to do that counting over the range. What is the CF formula?

Upvote 0
sorry, i posted the formula that i used in the cells. i don't know what the conditional formatting formula is - i set it such that if the cell value was equal to "100% SD Revised", "100% DD", or "100% SD", then strikethough the text.

Upvote 0
=SUMPRODUCT(1-ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2:A1000,{"100% SD Revised","100% DD","100% SD"},0)))

Assuming that your cells you want to count are in A2:A1000 (amend as appropriate).

Upvote 0
Richard,
I tried your formula, but the result returned a "0" and should have returned 43. The range is F10:F56.
Any thoughts?
Felicia

Upvote 0
It should work as:

=SUMPRODUCT(1-ISNUMBER(MATCH(F10:F56,{"100% SD Revised","100% DD","100% SD"},0)))

A return of 0 suggests that the Match formula is finding a match in every cell (instead of just 4 of them). Why that would be the case I do not know...

Upvote 0
I think it may be finding a match in every cell because the formula in the cells looks at a cell that has "100% SD Revised","100% DD","100% SD" text in it - so cell F10 has the formula =LOOKUP(2,1/(F10:CZ10="X"),$F$4:$CZ$4), and cells H4, I4 and J4 contain the text "100% SD Revised","100% DD","100% SD", respectively.

Is there any way around this referencing issue? thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back