Counting instances of unique entries, with conditions

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

Would anyone please be able to help with calculations in my ‘All Completed Runs - Piper’ worksheet, please? In my ‘All Completed Runs - Summary’ worksheet (cell B146) I need a count of the number of different events (venues) in each different country I have run in so far. The ‘All Completed Runs - pC-I.’ worksheet will form the basis for this calculation.

The definition of what is needed here is: ‘Run at 5 different events (venues) in each of 5 different countries (pC-Index of 5).’

I have populated in the separate worksheet (in yellow) what the results should be.

I think this will be some sort of unique filter type solution for the ‘All Completed Runs - Piper’ worksheet and possibly a sum product type solution for cell B146 of the ‘All Completed Runs - Summary’ worksheet, as has been the case in other similar areas of my workbook.

Link to file here: Piper.xlsx

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Hi all. Wondered if anyone had any ideas re this. I have now added a helper column (the last column in the 'All Completed Run' worksheet) which lists the instance of each country and has helped me solve some of my other queries. I'm still stuck on this one though. I am struggling to find a way to specify finding the first country and then the first five events for that country, then the first five for the second country and then the first 5 for the third country and so on. I need to do it for the first five countries. Updated link is here:

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back