Counting just months and yer in a range

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking to count the number of times the month and years recur in a column. So, if it is FEB 19 and it shows up 19 times I would like to count that number of times. Is there any possible way for me to make this happen, Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
A Question before proceeding... Is your Feb 19 a formatted (date) number, or just plain Text?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Formatting cells with the date serial value0s 43497, 43498, 43499 (which are the dates 2/01/2019, 2/02/2019 and 2/03/2019... up to 43524 which is 2/28/2019 if formatted using your MMM YY would All show Feb 19, so you need to test if a cell value is dated 2/01/2019 or greater and 2/28/2019 or lesser.

The Countifs() function is ideal for this

If you dates are in a table Column F then use...

Code:
=COUNTIFS($F$2:$F$20,">="&DATE(2019,2,1),$F$2:$F$20,"<="&DATE(2019,2,28))[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[code]

<tbody>

Upvote 0
Ah ok I see what you are getting at. With your new posting I feel my first post was not as detailed as it should have been. I guess i thought it was a easy fix for what i was looking to do. I have a condition formatting that shows upcoming record follow ups. The game plan is to count all those for the next month automatically. It be a bonus if I had a separate formula for 2 months out but I be more than happy with the original question. I was trying to use the Today function plus 1 but didnt work out.

Upvote 0
Replying to posting to get some additional assistance. Thank you

Upvote 0
I attempted use this modified formula but it would appear no matter what number I placed on the back end it, it ends up being the number that appears. I was attempting to get this to auto count for the upcoming month but the month and year. I have months all the way out to 2025 but only need to count for one year and the upcoming month.

=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$100,">="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1),$A$2:$A$100,"<="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),28))

I am hoping to get some resolve as I do not want to restart a new posting

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back