counting multiple columns within a date range

Kidmon

Board Regular
I am trying to count the number of "specific text" in 2 columns from page 1, it is to be summarized on wokCategory Janurary February March April May
1:1 Counseling 80 78 13 0 0
Bibles (Should only be Bibles given away)
Aftercare 0
Clothing 13 13 0 0 0
Chaplain Church Service 0
Religious Diet Request 8 7 0 0 0
1:1 Volunteer (Men) 0 0 0 0 0
1:1 Volunteer (Women) 0 0 0 0 0
Crisis Counseling (Men) 1 0 0 0 0
Crisis Counseling (Women) 80 0 13 0 0
Specific Volunteer Type 12 12 2 0 0
Chaplain's Library (Should replace "Books") 18 22 9 0 0
Janurary February March April May

Total 1:1s contacted 182 98 26 0 0

I need to count times the "Text" in column D and column E, and within a date range.
Thanx, I getting burned out on this.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
From that post I am unable to work out just what data you have in what cells and also what your requirement is. Perhaps you could try to explain again more clearly and/or post a small screen shot using one of the 3 methods referenced in my signature block below. Test them in the Test Here forum. That way, if something goes wrong, you won’t be messing up a main forum.

Upvote 0
Thank Peter,
I am still a newbee at this. Your advise is appreciated.
I'll be back at I learn abit more about proper posting.

Upvote 0
COUNT multiple columns within a date range

Using Excel 2010. From sheet 1 - I am trying to count "aftercare" in columns D and specific "*aftercare*) in column E sheet 1(Chaplain Services)and see the totals on Sheet2(Totals Summary) Formulas posting below show my successes but I am having trouble with multiple columns totaling on sheet 2.Chaplain Services<table class="html-maker-worksheet" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><thead><tr><th></th><th>A</thf<th>B</th><th>C</th><th>D</th><th>E</th><th>F</th><th>G</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr ><th>7</th><td style=";">WINKLEMAN,SHAWN MICHAEL</td><td style="text-align: center;;">SB</td><td style="text-align: right;;">25-Jan-11</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Clothing</td><td style=";">aftercare</td><td></td><td style="text-align: right;;">25-Jan-11</td></tr><tr ><th>23</th><td style=";">WATKINS,ZACHARY MICHAEL</td><td style="text-align: center;;">SC</td><td style="text-align: right;;">6-Jan-11</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Clothing</td><td style=";">3xJacket,2x vest, sweat pants, 3x shirt, sox, shoes</td><td></td><td style="text-align: right;;">6-Jan-11</td></tr><tr ><th>24</th><td style=";">WATKINS,ZACHARY MICHAEL</td><td style="text-align: center;;">SC</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Flagged</td><td style="text-align: center;;">Clothing</td><td style=";">talked bout clothing request</td><td></td><td style="text-align: right;;">4-Jan-11Excel 2010 Sheet 1
Excel Workbook
ABCDEF
1CategoryJanuraryFebruaryMarch
21:1 Counseling807813
3Bibles
4Aftercare0
5Clothing13130
Totals Summary
Excel 2010
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"1:1 Counseling",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&"1/1/2011"+0,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&"1/31/2011"+0)
B4=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"Aftercare",'Chaplain Services'!$E:$E,"*aftercare*",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&'Totals Summary'!B22,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&'[TotalsSummary]Chaplain Services'!C23)
B5=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"Clothing",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&"1/1/2011"+0,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&"1/31/2011"+0)
D2=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"1:1 Counseling",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&"2/1/2011"+0,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&"2/28/2011"+0)
D5=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"Clothing",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&"2/1/2011"+0,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&"2/28/2011"+0)
F2=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"1:1 Counseling",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&"3/1/2011"+0,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&"3/31/2011"+0:biggrin:)
F5=COUNTIFS('Chaplain Services'!$D:$D,"Clothing",'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,">="&"3/1/2011"+0,'Chaplain Services'!$G:$G,"<="&"3/31/2011"+0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back