Counting Past Due Reports

Stricker

Hi,
I've been banging my head against my keyboard for the past two days about this coding. I need a cell to count a range of cells that have past due reports in it. The crutch of it is the range is not only dates the range will include some blank cells (individuals that do not own a specific report), Som cells containing "Q" (Completed reports), and some with a date entered as FEB2012. I need the cell to only count the cells in the range that have dates in them that are past due, I tried countif(range>TODAY()) or somthing alon those lines and the yield is #VALUE. PLEASE HELP ME!! ANYONE!! MAKE THE BANGING STOP!! PLEASE!! Thanks to anyone who can.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I try to resist condensing a solution to a problem down to a single cell result (often difficult to accomplish, and near on impossible to decompose to see what makes up the result.)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I'd suggest you use a spare column (assuming data is in rows) to assess whether or not the target cell for that individual is a date, and if so, is it past due. <o:p></o:p>
So, assuming the column containing dates, etc, is B, then:
  • In the first data row (say 2) of the spare column (say Z) enter:
=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(B2),B2< TODAY()),"Overdue","-")
[NOTE: ignore the space after the less than sign - it's req'd in this forum to save the less than symbol being seen as a HTML code!!:eek:]<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = TODAY()),"Overdue","-")<o /><TODAY()),"Overdue","-")<o:p>
  • Copy this formula down to each data row<o:p></o:p>
  • In a cell other than in column Z, enter =Countif(Z:Z,”Overdue”) to count & return the number of individuals with overdue reports.<o:p></o:p>
  • You could also use Autofilter on column Z to display only those rows showing “Overdue”.<o:p></o:p>
</TODAY()),"Overdue","-")<o:p>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back