A5=1/2/09
A6=1/14/09
A7=1/15/09
A8=1/3/09
A9=1/10/09
A10=1/16/09
A11=1/19/09
A12=1/21/09

Dates are entered all the way through to A250 in no particular order but only for that month. In this example January and no dates for Sunday.

D4=Yes
D5=Yes
D6=Yes
D7=No
D8=No
D9=Yes
D10=No

In Collumn A... The Date is entered every time a call is made
In column D... Yes and No is entered depending if a client was reached with that phone call.

Calls are not made on Sunday

I need to be able to track 2 different things from this data in 2 separate cells...

:confused: 1. Count how many total calls were placed each day for a given month
(How many calls were made Mon 1/19/09?)
(Now many Calls were made Tues 1/20/09?)
and so on through that given month for each day in Jan except Sundays

:confused: 2.Count how many calls of those calls for each day were reached? (D4=Yes)

What are the equations that can do this and will they be easily <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cpaul%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C07%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->duplicable for Feb and March and so on?

Thank you for all of your help.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
=COUNTIF(A:A,DATEVALUE("1/5/2008") will return the number of calls made on Jan. 5 '08

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A250=DATEVALUE("1/5/2008"),--(D1:D250="Yes")) will return the number of Yes's for that same date.

Upvote 0
=COUNTIF(A:A,DATEVALUE("1/5/2008") will return the number of calls made on Jan. 5 '08

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A250=DATEVALUE("1/5/2008"),--(D1:D250="Yes")) will return the number of Yes's for that same date.
Is there another way to have this equation without the "datevalue"? I will need to copy this equation for everyday of the year if I use the datevalue.

and by the way...
That is amazing how quickly you were able to come up with a starting solution. Thank You...

Upvote 0

Is there another way to have this equation without the "datevalue"? I will need to copy this equation for everyday of the year if I use the datevalue.

and by the way...
That is amazing how quickly you were able to come up with a starting solution. Thank You...

Upvote 0
I worked out the first suggestion and actually it worked the best with another calculation i had already generated.

So thank you so much.

Upvote 0
The first suggestion was accidentally missing a ")" and after i added that it worked. Additionally by having a separate cell for each day of the month I was able to run a separate percentage calculation for each day. I do have to change the "datevalue" for each day but it works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back