Counting the # of rows with a value in an excel range

John MCarthy

Hi,

I am working with a table of data in excel. Under each column I want to count the number of rows to the left of the column that have at least one cell with a number >0 (greater than 0) in the row.

I have been trying variations of COUNT and COUNTIF and am not having any success - can anyone pls provide a formula for this?

Thanks,

John

Hi,
I am working with a table of data in excel. Under each column I want to count the number of rows to the left of the column that have at least one cell with a number >0 (greater than 0) in the row. However, I want the formula to review a column of data labels to the left of the data range and if the same label appears more than once in the column to only count one row for that data label.

E.g. if the table has 5 rows with data in it but one of the rows has the same data label the result should only be 4.

I think its some kind of a variation of the SUMPRODUCT formula and can't figure out how to exclude the double count of rows that have the same data label, any suggestions on a formula for this?

Many thanks,
John

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back