Counting with a Date Range

Kidmon

Board Regular
(using Excel 2010 Home):)
From sheet 1, I am trying to count "Text" from multiple columns within a "Specific" date range and place the results on Sheet2.

Something like:

=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!$D:$D,"text",'sheet1!'!$G:$G,">="&"1/1/2011"+0,'sheet1!'!$G:$G,"<="&"1/31/2011"+0):)

but I need to add Sheet1!E:E"*text*":confused: but I can't seem to get my , or "" or () placed correctly.

How can I add another column to the above formula?
Thanx

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
(using Excel 2010 Home):)
From sheet 1, I am trying to count "Text" from multiple columns within a "Specific" date range and place the results on Sheet2.

Something like:

=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!$D:$D,"text",'sheet1!'!$G:$G,">="&"1/1/2011"+0,'sheet1!'!$G:$G,"<="&"1/31/2011"+0):)

but I need to add Sheet1!E:E"*text*":confused: but I can't seem to get my , or "" or () placed correctly.

How can I add another column to the above formula?
Thanx
Didn't we get this sorted out in your other thread?

Upvote 0
MY Bad, :rolleyes: Yes, Sorted most of it. I forgot to mention the Date sorting part of my problem. I still need to know how to sort 2 columns with a specific date range criteria.
Feeling real silly on this end,
I'm not worthy.

Upvote 0
MY Bad, :rolleyes: Yes, Sorted most of it. I forgot to mention the Date sorting part of my problem. I still need to know how to sort 2 columns with a specific date range criteria.
Feeling real silly on this end,
I'm not worthy.

The following counts the occurrences of a string (text) like FAD in a range in columns D:E while the range shows dates between 1/1/2011 and 1/31/2011...

=SUM(IF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$100>="1/1/2011"+0,IF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$100<="1/31/2011"+0,IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$E$100="FAD",1))))

which must be confirmed with control+shift+enter, not just enter.

If text/string like FAD might occur as part of an entry in the range from D:E...

=SUM(IF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$100>="1/1/2011"+0,IF(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$100<="1/31/2011"+0,IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("FAD",Sheet1!$D$2:$E$100)),1))))

which also must be confirmed with control+shift+enter, not just enter.

Upvote 0
Thank you #NAME?. :LOL: Right on the money. Your instruction of Control-shift-enter is what I was missing.:biggrin: Not sure what confirming does but it helped me.
Thanx again, VERY much appreciated.
Kidmon

Upvote 0
Thanx for your previous help,
Here if the formula that works well HOWEVER, with the formula being used with a variety of "Text" on 12 separate ROWS My computer is slow to process everything. Do you have any suggestions on a way to speed this formula up?
Thanx again,
Kidmon (

=COUNTIFS('Sheet 1'!$D:$D,"1:1 Counseling",'Sheet 1'!$G:$G,">="&"1/1/2011"+0,'Sheet 1'!$G:$G,"<="&"1/31/2011"+0)

Upvote 0
Thanx for your previous help,
Here if the formula that works well HOWEVER, with the formula being used with a variety of "Text" on 12 separate ROWS My computer is slow to process everything. Do you have any suggestions on a way to speed this formula up?
Thanx again,
Kidmon (

=COUNTIFS('Sheet 1'!$D:$D,"1:1 Counseling",'Sheet 1'!$G:$G,">="&"1/1/2011"+0,'Sheet 1'!$G:$G,"<="&"1/31/2011"+0)

The formula with COUNTIFS can be made to apply to a way smaller range instead of whole columns...

Have you considered to turn your current data area into a table and to feed COUNTIFS with the current ranges from the table?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back