Court Membership challenge

pbutcheck

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
We have a project that is currently underwhelming me and I know there is vast room for improvement. But I think I'm failing to get the best idea for moving forward. Here's what we have:

Mission: track the law firm's attorney's registration due dates for every court each atty is registered with.

What we have: a few hundred attorneys. Dozens of courts. Every atty has a unique combination of 1) court registrations, 2) due dates

What is happening: our admins are going thru a clumsy table which shows each atty on a row, and then a due date under the respective court. See simple sample below.

the problem is that this table is painful to navigate, manage, etc. I wanted to track like a membership, but there can be differing membership(s) per person. So we could have as small as 1 membership, up to a dozen. Then I tried to organize it by atty, but really the admins need to know when it is due (more than for whom it is due)... BUT then once they know what is due, they have to know for whom so they can contact that person. Also have to know who didn't pay. And then it repeats every year.

I feel like I'm 90% to a solution, but that each solution isn't quite right. I'm hoping someone could give me an idea or an example that I could use to build a smarter method of tracking due dates, and payment dates. I would like build a chart sheet showing the next month's due dates (and for whom). BTW, the admins who would use this do NOT have the experience/skillset to manage it themselves. I have to build it so minimum modification is required moving forward.

anyone face this problem and find a graceful solution?

Court 1Court 2Court 3Court 4
duepaidduepaidduepaidduepaid
Mr. Blue
1/1/2023​
12/1/2022​
5/1/2023​
Mrs. Green
3/1/2023​
7/1/2023​
6/1/2023​
Ms. Yellow
11/1/2023​
Mr. Beige
7/1/2023​
11/1/2023​

Care to say what that is? If it has anything to do with users not having Access installed, that is not really an issue. Only the developer needs Access.
Its the politics of the office; not technically related. It's already a no-go. But I can build a nice list that can be used as a pivot table (as others suggested) and also seeking a calendar solution (outside of excel). I was just shopping for other's folks creative work-arounds as I had run out brain juice last week. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Sharing the final solution(s):

I created a hard working pivot table spreadsheet with slices. The less familiar can use the buttons to 'filter' data. This seems to be working for 90% of their needs.

Secondary solution: incorporating this into our docketing calendar app; creating auto reminders and assignments as needed.

Between the two, we managed to solve both needs.

But the Excel fix that really sold it was using Slices: that helped the timid use the spreadsheet with more confidence.

THANK YOU for your input and suggestions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back