Multiple condition formula

Tybudd

Board Regular
Hey Guys I need Help with Conditional Calculations on my spreadsheet, I think the problem is that the column where the formula needs to be, is also being checked by conditions according to the format. I'd like to explain the goal, show you what I attempted to do, see if you can explain to me why it didn't work, and suggest a correct formula for the goal, been at this for hours....:(

I have a production Spreadsheet.
  • R=Production Order
  • Q=Order Sequence
  • S=Total Cases Produced in the Production order, can be placed on any row within that particular sequence of a Production Order
  • W=Finished Cases

W=Finished Cases is the end Goal Problem Area, if I have a sequence of 4 items for a particular Production Order, the first 3 will be calculated by a formula to yield 95% of the Production Weight, that part is fine, I got that down, but the issue is what is needed with the last Finished Case Cell in the sequence, this cell needs to find the total (S) in relation to the row it is aligned on, then subtract it from the sum of the previous 3 in the sequence to note the remaining difference. Why? If the sheet was stagnant, I could just do a simple =total-sum(w8:w10) and get what I need, but I have to change info a lot, and order of display depending on the cells, so this is what I tried to do for an example to get a better understanding:

=SUMIF(R:R,[@[Production Run]],S:S)-sumifs(W:W,R:R,[@[Production Run]],Q:Q,<[@[Order of run]])

Destination of that formula would be at W10

Everything before the minus is good, I'm not sure if a formula of If(and then sum can work, but hopefully you can see the base logic of the goal.

thanks guys!!

PS tried to upload the file, it only allowed photo
Capture.PNG

So is R the [Production run] column of your table and Q the [Order of run] column?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I think what you want is:

IF([@[Order of run]]=MAX(IF([Production Run]=[@[Production Run]],[Order of run])),

which will require array entry (i.e. using Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just Enter, unless you have the latest 365 builds).

Upvote 0
Wow, you got it.

Rory admit it, at least I gave you one of your top 3 most complex arguments to figure out?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back