Create a button that change font color

Siru33

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello.. again,

I was amassed of how fast the first problem was solved and thank you for that.
I have another question?

Is there a way to creat a button that when clicked changes the font of all my in table rows (except header of the table) to black color, but when clicked again my different color fonts come back.
I want to be able to update my table using different color fonts for some rows, but when i just use the table for its purpose ( budget calculation) all font to be black so it wont be so hard to read.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
The problem is that once you turn them all black, Excel has no memory of what they were before then. So you cannot "change them back to what they were", if they were manually colored.

If the colors are due to something like Conditional Formatting, or follow some other kind of "rule" that Excel can apply, then you would be able to apply those rules to color the font again.

Upvote 0
The problem is that once you turn them all black, Excel has no memory of what they were before then. So you cannot "change them back to what they were", if they were manually colored.

If the colors are due to something like Conditional Formatting, or follow some other kind of "rule" that Excel can apply, then you would be able to apply those rules to color the font again.
I understand, ok.
But, is there a way then when i click on a cell to automatically use that cell font formatting for future cell writing ?

Upvote 0
But, is there a way then when i click on a cell to automatically use that cell font formatting for future cell writing ?
So are you saying that you want to click on any cell, say cell B5, and then use the cell font formatting associated with that cell on ALL other cells on that sheet?
Immediately, or only as they are updated?

And if you wanted to do something like this automatically, it would happen every time you clicked on any cell!

Your plan may need to be thought out in a little more detail (and then communicated in clear and complete detail to us).
Many times walking us through an actual example in great detail is helpful. Posting screen images is often helpful in this endeavor.

Upvote 0
So are you saying that you want to click on any cell, say cell B5, and then use the cell font formatting associated with that cell on ALL other cells on that sheet?
Immediately, or only as they are updated?

And if you wanted to do something like this automatically, it would happen every time you clicked on any cell!

Your plan may need to be thought out in a little more detail (and then communicated in clear and complete detail to us).
Many times walking us through an actual example in great detail is helpful. Posting screen images is often helpful in this endeavor.

Upvote 0
I want to create 3 cells each with different font styles and colors. When I click on one cell, automatically update my current writing font and color to the one in the cell I clicked.
Is just somethings small to make my workflow easier when I want to change between my predefined fonts from that workbook.
I want to eliminate the copy paste formatting routine.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to creat a button that when clicked changes the font of all my in table rows...
Is that a real Excel Table object (if so, what is its Name) or just a collection of cells that you "think" of as a table (if so, what is the range for the non-header cells)?

Upvote 0
Have you just tried creating and using your own Cell Styles?

Upvote 0
Is that a real Excel Table object (if so, what is its Name) or just a collection of cells that you "think" of as a table (if so, what is the range for the non-header cells)?
There is no table. Is just a small macro I want to create.
When I click one cell ( where I created my custom font style), automatically apply that font to futer writing.

Upvote 0
Have you just tried creating and using your own Cell Styles?
I know that. I ll try to explain again. I have 3 cells. First cell - Arial 12 - green color font, Second cell - Festive 12 - red color font, Third cell - Open Sans 12 - blue color font.
When I click on the first cell, I just want to apply that font style combination ( Arial 12 - green color) to future writing. When I finish writing with that font combinations, I would like to go click the second cell and do the same thing, apply that font for future writing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back