Create a counter using SUM and today's Date in formula?

brothaprice

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello:

I am trying to get the total sum of a field called "Numrequestedaddresses" where the "contractCity" field equals "CC" and the "Feetype" field equals "Non-Subdivision". I would like a counter to calculate the total sum and I would like the counter set 14 days in the future. The total sum would change dynamically if there are any updates during the 14 days until it expires. I want the "FinalDate" field to be the parameter for the 14-day intervals. Is this possible with the today() method or by setting expiration dates?

1612391561169.png

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Indeed, with the function today() you can use the current date for calculations.
With the function SUMIFS you can calcualte the sum with a lot off criteria.

Upvote 0
Indeed, with the function today() you can use the current date for calculations.
With the function SUMIFS you can calcualte the sum with a lot off criteria.
I think SUMIFS will be good. What date function will help me get the proper date ranges to be used with the SUMIFS? The sum counting would start the 1st of 15th of every month and expire two weeks into the future.

Upvote 0
Something like this: =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),IF(DAY(TODAY())<15,1,15))

Upvote 0
Something like this: =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),IF(DAY(TODAY())<15,1,15))
My apologies. I discovered that I cannot use the excel formula because I am using data connected to access. I would have to configure the formula/query in the power query editor before I load the table into excel. I am going to start fresh by asking a power query related question.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back