Create a macro that will access a website and pull specific data

Nilsjohanekman

Hey community!

I have a complicated project and needed input/ information as to how to create a macro to solve this.

I need to create a macro that will access a website (with a username and password) and search for specific information.

I will have a list of PO's. I need to macro to input each one sequentially into the website and search its status. Then apart from retrieving that status, I need each PO assigned to a specific tab according to the status.

As the status' change from day to day, when the macro is run on a daily basis I would need it to pull the PO from one tab to the next (I believe it would search for the PO on the website as indicated above, pull the updated status and input into the correct tab and if the PO was already recorded in a previous stage (tab) then remove it from there, essentially 'moving' the PO from one stage to the next').

Any ideas? Input? Information? Code? Anything that can guide me in the right directions would be greatly apprecaited.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
First and foremost, it's good to know website URL with login and password. And also what info you need to fetch.

Upvote 0
Dear Sektor,

Thank you for the quick reply! Unfortunately I do not have this information available right now. I wanted to create this prior to receiving this (I'm expecting this information something in the following 2 weeks).

Can you provide information assuming website = "MyPoWebsite", Login = "Nilsjohanekman" and password = "Password123"?

I believe that the fields on the website for logging in are named (I don't have a confirmation yet that that will actually be the website):

"User ID:"
"Password:"
and the submit button is named "Log In".

Thank you!!

Regards,
Nilsjohanekman

Upvote 0
In order to help you I need site URL with login and password. You can send private message when you get the real data.

Upvote 0
Hey Sketor,

One quick question! If I have an IE pop up appear after logging into a website that essentially has information/terms and asks to 'accept' or 'decline' would you know the code to bypass this (always choose 'accept')?

Regards,
Nilsjohanekman

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back