create a new sheet button.

dylan 83

was just wondering if there was a button or something that I could put in cell 'a10' that when clicked could add the same information from that sheet cell c3,c4,c5 into the new sheet whilst adding info from the new sheet cell b2,b3,b4

I need the previous sheet to remain permanantly locked once that button gets pushed. On the new sheet, I need to only allow cells d3,d4,d5,e1,f3 to use a drop down list.

Does that make sense and is it possible.

Any help would be great.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
dylan 83 said:
was just wondering if there was a button or something that I could put in cell 'a10' that when clicked could add the same information from that sheet cell c3,c4,c5 into the new sheet whilst adding info from the new sheet cell b2,b3,b4

What cells from what sheet names would be copied to where?

Adding a worksheet is no problem -- you could record that.

dylan 83 said:
I need the previous sheet to remain permanantly locked once that button gets pushed. On the new sheet, I need to only allow cells d3,d4,d5,e1,f3 to use a drop down list.

That could also be recorded. What would the source for the dropdown lists be?

Upvote 0
sorry does this help

This is for a time sheet for my staff

I have sheet 1 'index' that has a full weeks worth of times. I need my employees to add in there information each day, then at the end of a week I can come along press a button created on 'index' that will lock editing on 'index' and create a new sheet labeled as week ending date.

That sheet eg. '18.11.05' would add the previous year to date earnings from cells C1,C2,C3 on 'index' plus the 18.11.05' info from cells B1,B2,B3.

'18.11.05' would have a limited amount of validation lists that my employees could use to enter there times.

Then hopefully again I can come through at the end of the week and click the button that is on sheet '18.11.05' and lock that sheet and create another label week ending '25.11.05'

Any help would be awesome, let me know if more info is required.

Upvote 0
Re: sorry does this help

dylan 83 said:
I can come along press a button created on 'index' that will lock editing on 'index' and create a new sheet labeled as week ending date.
Then hopefully again I can come through at the end of the week and click the button that is on sheet '18.11.05' and lock that sheet and create another label week ending '25.11.05'

So all the sheets will have buttons on them (the 'index' sheet plus any other sheets that are created by the button on sheet(index)?

Would sheet index ever be unlocked?

Upvote 0
Buttons on all sheets

sheet 'index' would never be unlocked it is only there to start an opening figure for all the year to date info.

Each sheet would need a new button.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back