Create a popup box for numbers

luc38luc

Hi everyone, I need your help please....I don't know if what I am asking is possible but...what I am seeing on this site is incredible

The cell (C14) and (C16) are used to enter numbers only (actually prices). I would like the cell to popup and give the user the possibility to choose the numbers directly with the mouse on the popup box. Can it be done and if yes, could you explain how I can do it. I am just a beginner here.
thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
You can create a pop-up form for the user to select but an easier way would be to put a drop down list in the cell.

Off to the side in an unseen area list your prices in some cells, your choice vert. or horz. Then click the cell you want the user to enter the price, select data from menu bar, then validation, under the settings tab in validation criteria-allow select list from the menu, keep the ignore blank and in-cell dropdown checked. In the source put "=your range of cells", click okay. Now when the user selects that cell there will be a dropdown that they can choose the price they need.

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks viper,
but the prices could be anything so the numbers are not known so I can't do a validation box. What I was thinking is some kind of a drop down box where the user can choose a number from 0 - 9 maybe four times and it would then close up and the price would go in the cell.

Is it possible?

Upvote 0
Okay, maybe someone else can have something better but this is what I've come up with.

In a range say P4:p14 put the numbers from 0-9, then add a combobox while the box is active right click and choose properties, scroll down in the properties box until you see listfillrange put P4:P14 in there, now add three more comboboxes and do the same thing to each one.

I don't know if your cells you the numbers posted to will be in the same column but if so then hit Alt + F11 and open the VB editor, doubleclick on your worksheet on the left side and it will open up a code window on the right, make sure the cursor is flashing in the worksheet selection_change event, if not then click the drop downs and select it from there. Now between the Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange() and End Sub add this code:

Code:
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("d:d")) Is Nothing Then
        ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value & ComboBox2.Value & ComboBox3.Value & _
            ComboBox4.Value
    Else
        Exit Sub
    End If

What this is doing is testing your active cell, if it is any cell in column D then it will put the numbers if not then nothing.

If your user will be selecting any cell on the worksheet for the number input then add this instead:

Code:
ActvieCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value & ComboBox2.Value & ComboBox3.Value & ComboBox4.Value

Now all the user has to do is choose the four numbers he/she wants and then choose the input cell.

Like I said, maybe someone has something better, if not then maybe this will get you started.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymonster123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back