Create a registry that adds values from different tables, only while there are values.

RAZGRIZ

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi!, good day all,

What I want to do feels like it's simple but I can't quite see how to do it. Let me explain:

I have a series of tables (12, to be exact) which together represent the yearly registry of operations for an office, and I'd like to join all those operations in one single sheet.

Each of the months has 300 rows in which new operations can be recorded, but of course, each month is different and will have a different number of operations, sometimes that'll be 100, others it will be 250.

My goal is that the end table keep adding rows of registries of "January", for example, until there are no more january registries, and then jump into february to keep adding registries and repeat the operation, after the whole thing has been processed, the table will contain all the registries recorded from January to December, with no blank spaces in between.

Something like what I show in these images:

I can figure it will have something to do with an if and a "isblank" formula (I haven't fully got down to write the formula but I reckon It'll not be too complicated). however I don't know how to make excel to keep adding rows.

Anyone can give me a push in the right direction?

Thank you!

PS: And now since we are at it: I'm not a experienced user when it comes to macros, I've only recorded a few and used others that I have grabbed from the internet, so It'd be best if this could be done without macros, though I'm willing to use them if necessary. But still: can anyone tell me a place where I can get properly introduced to excel macros so that I can expand my possibilities a little?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi there,
that sounds easy, but it's not that simple in Excel. You seem to be working on a Mac and I'm not sure if Excel for Mac is exactly the same as for Windows, but these are some of the options without macros:
Cheers,
Koen

Upvote 0
Hi there,
that sounds easy, but it's not that simple in Excel. You seem to be working on a Mac and I'm not sure if Excel for Mac is exactly the same as for Windows, but these are some of the options without macros:
Cheers,
Koen

Thank you very much mate, I'll definitely look into that. Mac is the same as windows when it comes to excel, except for a few keyboard shortcuts and stuff but the overall working is the same, so if they work in windows, they'll work in mac.

I'll let you guys know!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back