Create a scoring system using a tick box

sobrien1234

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is it possible to have a tick box (or alternative?) in a cell so when it is ticked it scores a number specific to that cell in an overall score. For example, if I have questions in column A and then 3 answers in column B, C and D that are tick boxes (i.e. with heading above them bei9ng Yes (column B), No (C) and N/a (D):

If, for example in the first row (i.e. 2) they tick the box in B2 (i.e. to answer yes to the question in A2) and I want ot allocated 3 points to that answer. Let's say the total score is in E1. So then they answer the next question in row 3 and they answer "Yes" by ticking the box in B3, however this time I want to allocate 2 points to this answer. When they tick this box the score in E1 increases automatically from 3 to 5. And so on....

Hope the concept makes sense. I can use vlookup in another sheet to allocate the scores to each row and answers but would like them to tick boxes or something that looks half tech savvy!

Thanks in advance:confused:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back