Create a Template

mjj

Hi,

I'm facing a complicated scenario and am having trouble explaining it but will try to address the issue to the best of my knowledge and require u guys to provide me with an expertise/advice...

well, it goes something like this...:eek:

I'm working for a shipping firm where we have to print b/l (bill of lading) document from time to time. we do have a letter head with all the necessary details required (i.e. Shipper, Consignee, Vessel,etc).
However, we're using excel 2007 spreadsheets to input the details (i.e. name of Shipper, Name of Consignee, etc) and we manually adjust the cells to fit the pre-printed letterhead whilst printing which sometimes cost/cause lots of letterheads to waste without proper alignment of cells.

What i need to know is that can i create a replica of the letterhead (in spreadsheet)with all the tables and alignments alike added so that i can use it for filling in the required details but with a printing exception*? :confused:

*the printing exception is that i only want to print the required data (filled in) but not the tables or details (which is of the letterhead) as i still intend to feed the letterhead for printing the document.

the purpose is to get a proper alignment and also serve as a replica of the letterhead so that i know where to fill in the details as of required.

really need someone to assist me with this and kindly revert if required further info...thanks a million... :confused:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
First when you get it right, why don’t you save it so you have it to use each time so you don’t have to keep wasting the letterhead, but one way to stop the was is to print on just a plan paper then hold it up to the other, with light behind it. To see if you have it right. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I don’t use 2007 but I know it has the save as a template, and yes you can set the worksheet up with all of it to look the same it just takes time and lots of work. One things you can do is scanner on to the PC as a pic then in the workbook insert the pic, put it to the right so you can see your first page on the left.<o:p></o:p>
To see the pages setup go to the file then page setup then just click ok you will see doted lines on the worksheet then, make the pic on the right of the first page and make it fit to that page, if you get it right, then all you will need to do is count the cell to get the right ones on the left side <o:p></o:p>
Of the page. All so if you have an icon for the letterhead you can use paint to crop it and save it as a pic to add to your form.<o:p></o:p>
To help more I would need to see the letterhead. But if you need more help just send a privet massage with your e-mail so I can reply back by email.<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your constructive input.;)

To date, I've been using the way you mentioned but however, i would like to know whether is it possible not to print the template details but just the required data (few cells) alone on a single page without losing the alignment....

In other words, is it possible to choose only certain cells to print on a single page without losing the alignment?

I tried using "Set Print Area" on a single page choosing random cells but when i "print preview", it reflects all the selected as multiple pages....sigh :confused:

Upvote 0
yes, but it will take two worksheets, first sheet will have the info, sheet two will have pictures of the cell with the info in the right cell to mach the first sheet, to mach your letterhead, to copy a cell as a picture, pick the cell or cells of the first cells you wont to print, after picking hold the shift key down and then go to edit and you will see copy as picture, go to sheet two and just past it, then move it to the right cells to mach the first sheet. then hit = and then pick the same cells agen this will update the picture if the cells were you type change. after your done with all you cells you need to print in the right place then you will print sheet two, this will only print what you wont and were you wont.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back