Create Activex Combo Box and configure list rows, linked cell and listfillrange using vba using VBA

MarkMacka

Good morning,
I recieve an excel file weekly that has around 100 dropboxes in it. Each dropbox containing about 300 items that are not in numerical or alphabetical order. I have found that an Activex Combo box allows me to see 35 rows of dropbox to make it an easier process to select from each one. I would like to set up a VBA that can create 100 Activex Combo boxes linked to the required cells. EG: i would like a Activex combobox in cell H2 Timesheet1 with linkedcell H3 and listfillrange of 'Labour Code'!A3:A290 and 35 listrows. Then a Activex combobox in cell i2 Timesheet1 with linkedcell i3 with listfillrange of 'Labour Code'!A3:A290 and 35 listrows, then same for J2, K2, L2 etc etc.
I have been able to create the combobox but have had no luck setting the properties by VBA

Cheers Mark

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Do you really need 100 combobox?
Here's an example of one combobox applied to multiple cells.

Let me know if you're interested in this method.

Upvote 0
Do you really need 100 combobox?
Here's an example of one combobox applied to multiple cells.

Let me know if you're interested in this method.
Sorry my work firewall wont let me open the link. Will this method allow me to use the one combobox to select for each of the 100 columns?

Upvote 0
Will this method allow me to use the one combobox to select for each of the 100 columns?
Yes, with some modification.
But it's hard to explain without you having the sample file. Can you download it from your home computer?

Upvote 0
Yes, with some modification.
But it's hard to explain without you having the sample file. Can you download it from your home computer?
Im curently in a camp in Papua New Guinea and using the same work internet there. Is there a way to do a single combobox and set the linked cell etc by VBA

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back