Create an Excel VBA Form text box to view multiple records, one at a time

Ian_Hov

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Mr Excel,

Pease help! I’m an enthusiastic amateur to using VBA & Developer in Excel. I use multiple excel data sheets & workbooks on a daily basis and for years persevered by jumping between my various worksheets to retrieve and process my data. For a few months I’ve been following threads on stack overflow to teach me basic coding in order to develop a form to collate and view my data. Thank you so much! However! I cannot find a thread or guidance for the following:

I have an excel table which contains multiple records of notes and comments (no more than 150 words), 4 columns but hundreds of rows. The records relate to a unique ID (personal number) for 200 people/employees. Each person has multiple records collected through years and all contained in one worksheet (CM_Notes). Within that worksheet I have created a ‘FILTER’ table to display all records relating to a specific unique ID which functions as a search.

So, I have created a VBA Form which enables me to add further notes and view multiple records from all my worksheets which relate to the employees unique ID, mainly via list boxes; and it works well. Except for the ‘CM_notes worksheet’ which has too much text for a list box to be utilised.

Therefore, I would like to include a text box will let me view no more than 200 words and allow me to cycle through the Cells containing the records from the filtered table (found in the CM_Notes worksheet) which relate to a specific ID.

Creating this function in Access literally takes seconds, however due to the nature of my work (collaborative working) I’m tied to excel. A screenshot of what I’m trying to achieve is below -

grateful for your help.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-Form.png
    Screenshot 2022-Form.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back