Create "Click Buttons" That changes a cell Background Color and Text Color once 'clicked'

Josimathe

How do I change a cell into a "click button?" I manage several locations and am creating a task sheet. I want to be able to "click" which location I am logging tasks for at the top of each sheet. I would appreciate the help.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You want to click on a cell and run a script is that what you want. if not explain what you want to happen when you click a particular cell.

Upvote 0
You want to click on a cell and run a script is that what you want. if not explain what you want to happen when you click a particular cell.

I have a series of cells...no fill color with black text. They represent locations that I manage. I want to 'select' the location I am creating the worksheet for by clicking the cell(s) that represent the location I am filling in data for. Once clicked I want the fill color to change to grey and the text color to BOLD white. If I click it again, I want the original cell rules to apply.

Upvote 0
I still do not understand what your wanting.
What is in the cell you want to click on.
I want to 'select' the location I am creating the worksheet for by clicking the cell(s) that represent the location
do you mean you have A1:C:40 for example in cell "A1"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back