Create dynamic email list from multiple rows meeting specific criteria

LokaPoka

I have a spreadsheet that contains names in one column (C) and email addresses in another column (D). Each person/row is a part of one or more of six groups. I have captured their group information in columns G-L which are titled simply 1-6, and then if a person is part of group 1 they get a 1 in the 1 column in their row, and if they are part of groups 3 & 6 then they get a 3 and a 6 in the 3 and 6 columns in their row. There will be additional names added and possibly subtracted, and each person may want to either be added to or removed from a group.

For each of the groups I want to create a cell that combines all of the email addresses that belong to that group and have the email addresses separated by a comma, and I need this cell to automatically update so that it is always currently. Ideally this would not use VBA. And my dream is that it could be made into a hyperlink with the addresses for a particular group with me CC'd with a specific subject.

Here's what I've tried: I have concatenated the email addresses for a specific group, but that does not automatically update. I tried using the hyperlink/mailto function, but I think it may have a character limit because it kind of worked for a small list but not larger ones, plus it doesn't automatically update anyway. I tried using INDEX+MATCH but that only returns one value. It's like I need a reverse INDEX+MATCH, where I specify a value and it concatenates the result into one cell. I'm kind of at a loss but it seems like this is something Excel should be able to do. Also this spreadsheet will be used and updated by others which is why I need to stay away from VBA/macros if I can.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back