Create Hyperlink field to Outlook draft item?

pete234

I posted a related question in Excel but my primary tool is Access so if I could skip that part ok.
I have a contacts list with Market, Bus Segment, and First Last name.
I want the name field to be a hyperlink to Outlook draft item with the recipients names filled in. I'm going to return the name field based on a query: only sending certain data to certain people. So when the query finishes I can click down the results to create the emails I need instead of this tedious process that exists now where everything has to be looked up user by user...up to 50 emails all depends. Currently we do not send the actual files but copy the data into each email. I guess what's stumping me is the Outlook part. I've been googling since yesterday and can't seem to find much. Any advice appreciated.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I may not fully understand what you want to accomplish, but wouldn't it be easier to create a recordset/query that contains the data you need, loop through that creating emails?

If so, there is code in this board and google as well to show the basics of doing that.

Why do you need to use a draft?

Maybe if you provide a simple 1 or 2 user scenario?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply I decided to chop the individual emails and just send a distro the relevant file. I thought "mail to" could work but that still didn't eliminate copying and pasting from the data and has issues of it's own.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back