Create Hyperlink text in column A, in a different workbook from VBA code that will reference a .pdf

JeremyA1976

Board Regular
Hi All,
I haven't received any replies on the past few posts, so maybe I am asking for too much, but I would think this request is a bit easier.

I have a button on my main sheet that I would like to do the following:
*The VBA code will be in the "Charge Out Log" workbook, "CHARGE OUT FORM" sheet, because this is where the information is computed.

1.) Write to column A of "Change Out Log" workbook, [CHARGE OUT LOG] sheet. I start at 120000 for the reference number and fill down another 15,0000 in a series to create our "Charge Out Number"
2.) I already have a formula that looks up the first blank space in column B and reports what the reference number is, which is NOT hyperlinked.
3.) When the code writes (or replaces) that reference number in column A, I want it to hyperlink to the .PDF it creates in a specific folder "Processed Charge Outs" which has the same name as the reference number.

I am very sorry if I am not being clear. If I can answer any questions about the details i am missing, i will do so. I have not started the VBA code yet because I am not sure where to begin in the process.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back