Create list of files from windows explorer folder

Economakos

Hello all!

I am new at VBA, so any help is much appreciated. Here is a summary of what I'd like the end result of this project to be:

• When I open Workbook A, Macro #1 automatically runs as the file is opening.
    • This macro will analyze the contents of the "Seed Folder" (through Windows Explorer) in order to come up with an updated list of all the seed files that are completed. This needs to happen each time as people open the Widget because our database of seed files will continue to grow as we document more processes.
    • The list is in a scrollable format. Ideally, the user could scan through the list/drop down menu with the scroll wheel of their mouse, instead of only being able to sift through it by clicking and dragging the scroll bar up and down.
  • After the user selects a topic from the list, they click the “Execute” button, which houses Macro #2.
    • This macro will search through the Seed Folder and open the file that matches the user’s topic selection, in the background. Then, it will transfer the content from each tab in the seed file to the respective tab in Workbook A (tabs will have the same name). Once complete, the macro will close the seed file and direct the user to the "Overview" tab of Workbook A for their starting point.
    • Macro #2 will also make a History workbook, in the background, each time a user clicks the “Execute” button. It will create a table that pulls the following information:
      • User’s username
      • File name
      • Day and month accessed
      • An added bonus would be if the macro could create a bar graph showing how much each file was accessed on a monthly basis.

Hopefully that all makes sense! Even if you can only provide a bit of code that does a portion of these requests - it would make my day!

Thanks folks.

- Econ

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back