Create new query

Hisayama

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem with query's (Data -> Get external Data -> New database query).
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets (one with all the information(that will be used in the query) and the second with the query itself. In my PC everything works fine, but if I try to open this file in other computer and try to create a new query, the system tries to connect to the source data and then the PC crashes.(Then I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del to close excel - that is not responding). Did anyone have the same problem in the past? Any solution?
Thanks in advance,

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hello:

Just a couple of things to suggest....Are you using the same versions of Excel? Were there any addins used that were on one machine and not the other? Was the source data in the same locations?..ie did you have rights to access that drive?

I am not sure if these may be pertinent to query isses, but they came into play on some other malfunctions.
Hope this helps

pll
This message was edited by plettieri on 2002-10-23 19:44

Upvote 0
You didn't say what type of database you are querying. If you don't have the same versions of the ODBC drivers, this may happen. Ususally it will say it can't find the driver, but you never know. I have run into different ODBC versions with ingres and sql databases.

Another thought... sometimes you can get errors if the datasource name isn't the same.

Upvote 0
Well, the file I saved in a network drive, so the file accessed is the same. I know that when I make a query in my PC there's a reference with a file .xla (in msquery folder). I'm not sure that if I copy this directory(MSquery) to the other computer will work. Is there an easy way to make query's? What I need is query's that matches a specific conditions like starting with the word "P4." in a specific columm. Any suggestion is welcome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back