Create new workbook from Pivot Table Drilldown (Show Details) action

Belegadan

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with a few Pivot Tables that will be double-clicked on by a few people on the results, which by default, Excel will generate a new worksheet with the data within those same results.

What I would like is, instead of generating a new worksheet, to generate a new workbook with that data, and name it with the selection's name.

I have my fair share of VBA knowledge, and I believe I can create a complex code, in which on the double-clicking action or the new worksheet generation (and based on the name of the new worksheet), I would then copy all the data of that new worksheet, create a new workbook with a specific name, past all the data into the new workbook, and then with a simple code to automatically clear out the new worksheets generated that way... But I think there's a much simpler way to do what I need to happen, just needing some help in the right direction :D.

Kind Regards,
Cedric Martin

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back