Create new WS & copy column to new row in another WS with macro

crash24210

Thanks for stopping by,

First off, I am new to VBA so I feel like what I am trying to accomplish is probably way over my head. Also, I have searched for a solution to this but can not find exactly what I need.

I have a workbook that has an overview (Monthly) worksheet with value headers in the first row. The second sheet is a template for transactions. What I would like to do is be able to click a button that adds a new "transaction" sheet, and a corresponding row in the overview sheet that links to the new transaction sheets values.

In the transaction sheet in column "A" you have: Name, Date, Retail Value, Tax, Business Share, & Profit. In the next column are the corresponding values.

I would prefer to hide the original transaction sheet and use it only as a template to copy, but if that's to involved then I can just leave it visible but blank.

I hope I have given you enough information to go on. Thank you very much for any time and effort you can provide.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back