Create Visio Horizontal Swimlane from Excel ActiveSheet

csumeet08

Hi,

Is there any way we can change the colour of connectors using the data from excel.

pbornemeier

The short answer is yes. As for details, I can't help right now other than an outline.

Turn on the macro recorder in visio and place then change the color of a connector.
The code to change the color of the connector should be similar to the code in other posts in this thread which should be adaptable to your needs.
I did not distinguish connectors, so just placed the default connector between the shapes I had interest in.
If you ALWAYS have single connector leaving a shape then you can just a connector color to the shape row in the input worksheet.
If there is a chance for multiple connectors, you will have to add a separate entry for each connector and remove the default connector code that I used.

Bartolomeo

Hi Phil,

Your macro is amazing. I started working on Visio few weeks ago. I tried to use the macro recorder to resolve my issues but I got really confused... I have two questions for you.

1. Is there any possibility to create vertical flowchart?
2. Is there any way to add column (column I) with color name/color code? I'd like to have marked shapes for example on green/blue/red. I tried to use your tips https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/651691-create-visio-document-excel-using-vba-post3542233.html#post3542233 but still couldn't do it.

Thank you

MatH

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hello,

Very late to the party but i am having issues adding a Phase - I get the message "Separator cannot be inserted, A separator must be dropped on top of a cross functional flowchart". Anyone else come across this/ found a work around?

Cheers

scotsrule08

Is there a way to take out the actual swimlanes but keep the shapes, ties, labels, etc?

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jyoti C

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics