Create word document from excel file

jgedwardsv

Hi guys,

It's been some time since I posted here (new job has been taking up a ton of time). I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this.

I've created an excel file to do some analysis which has several tables and charts that update as the data changes. My end objective is to take those charts and tables and create a report. I've been doing this by linking the items to either Word or PowerPoint then updating manually to get the new information in there.

Is there a way that I can automatically update the template and generate a report where the template static information stays the same, but pulls the data needed (in the places it needs to be) and then save as a pdf?

The reason I want to do it this way, while I don't mind the manual process, is so I can share my work with other members of my team who are truthfully not that tech saavy. A button to click is a lot easier to convey than several steps to update the template and data links.

Finally, I am spearheading a project to leverage MS Sharepoint for document storage for our team. If this could be used as a file template in a Sharepoint document library, that would be super helpful.

I'm not very familiar with VBA, but willing to learn. I spent some time in college learning C# and some Java, so I understand some structure of how code works and I own some books on the subject as well.

Thanks!

John

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back