Creating a Calendar to select a date

dpaton05

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an excel table with the date to be in column A. I want to make a small calendar appear and select the date from it to insert the date into the cell for each row. I found this possibly useful website, but I do not know how to implement it.

Could someone help me please, either with this site or with a way I could get this done?

Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Thanks for the reply Michael. I am reading through it, wondering if it will work in my situation. As you have seen some of the workbooks I have sent you previously, I am trying to make the date picker apply to each new row in the table on the quote_sheet. I am trying to follow the steps to see if it might work.

I have inserted the list of months and combo box. I am trying to right click on the combo box and pick the control tab as described in the post but when I select format control, there is no control tab. Do I need to do anything to get it to appear?

The only tabs that are there when I select format control are size, protection, properties and alt text.

Upvote 0
I found, I need to insert the combo box from the form controls. It does say that you need the cell link to be A1 and A2 and it says that it is important that it remains as A1/A2 as the date formula will use that. Does it matter if my list of months and years are not in column A?

Upvote 0
If you follow the instructions....at the Create List of months section is states
Rich (BB code):
Now we need to create a list of month SOMEWHERE ELSE in our worksheet

Upvote 0
I read further on and it appears like this is not what I am looking for. This post describes:

Step 13: Your calendar is ready​

And THAT'S IT
Now, each time you select a month in your drop-down list, your calendar will automatically change the color of the weekend, holidays (providing your list is up to date, of course) and also hide columns as necessary.

1606872103599.png

I am trying to not get a calendar like this, but one that will appear when you select a cell, similar to this one:

1606872216142.png

..and for it to allow you to select a date and have the date inserted into the cell that was originally selected for the calendar to appear.

Upvote 0
I have an excel table with the date to be in column A. I want to make a small calendar appear and select the date from it to insert the date into the cell for each row. I found this possibly useful website, but I do not know how to implement it.

Could someone help me please, either with this site or with a way I could get this done?

Thanks
This add in may be exactly what you're looking for:

Excel Date Picker — Sam Radakovitz

Upvote 0
It is 64 bit excel Michael and thanks Kev, but I can't find the xlStart folder with the instructions on that link.

Upvote 0
Dave if you need to find your XLStart folder
Open your VBA then press CTRL + G to open the immediates wndow, now copy this into the immediates window
Rich (BB code):
? application.StartupPath
Then press enter. Your path to the folder will be shown

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecooper255

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back