3. Finish Time
4. Time Taken
5. Project
6. Description
7. Remarks
8. Total Hrs
Screen Shot Provided as:-
http://quick.holdthatpic.com/images/260981.jpg

The column 4 contains a formula for calculating the time taken between two intervals ( finish time - start time). Column 8 is
just to count the sum of Hours from the the time taken column.

Now i have multiple sheets added (one for each day) in one excel sheet. Taking this into consideration i want to write a
macro which would

1. First ask me if i want to calculate weekly or monthly progress.
2. In case of weekly sheet it would take account e.g # of hours spent on each project , the least amount of time on the
project etc
3. In case if the user selects month wise then user is asked for which month he wants to view the report (june,may etc). On
selecting the desired month it then do the same as specified in (2).

Problems:-
How could this be done? Is there any other solution other than using macro. Macro would just help me in automating my
tasks which is important. The report that I want to generate from the use of macro is Pie-chart representation ... which is governed on variables (e.g time take,total hrs and sr no of project). Its fairly simply to generate the report from one sheet but from multiple sheets it becomes a problem of correlation.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
In case you guys have problems understanding the problem here is a re-wrote

I have got multiple sheets into one workbook. Each sheet has a different date to it but the same format for each of it. (see above 1-8)
What I want from these multiple sheets is a summary report to be so generated that it could give me the time measurement (in terms of pie charts display) for most time taken on the project, least time taken on the project etc.

This information could be retrieved from time taken column which calculates the time taken to complete each task by subtracting the finishing and start time of each task.

In terms of weekly basis I have sheets dating from 23 June 08 to 27 June 08. Now I want my macro to provide me with the Pie-charts summary for the project that took the most time, the project the least amount of time etc
The same I want to do on a monthly basis as well e.g right starting from first day of the month till the last date
P.s em using ms excel 2007

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back