Creating a Form Letter Using Checkboxes

musicninja

I am working for a company doing inspections, and I want to make a form letter such that it will populate a line iff a particular inspection was done. I have mostly done check boxes for stating which inspections were done. From this, I'd like to create a form that briefly tells what was done in letter format, as well as including other information like names and such. If at all possible, I'd like to keep this text in excel, as we already have a form for our (currently hand-typed) reports.

For example:

Technician arrived on site and met with (site contact). Technician performed the following inspections: (Scratching), (Sniffing). A set of (5) (Stickers) and (3) (Glue Sticks) will be brought back to the lab for further testing.

So you can see what kind of information I need to pull from the excel cells/checkboxes, but I don't want the sentence about bringing things back to the lab if no items were taken that day.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back