Creating a Formula

Zina

I don't use complex formulas on a regular basis, but I have a need to create a new formula and do not seem to be able to figure out where I am going wrong.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 410pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=547 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 69pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3364" width=92><COL style="WIDTH: 59pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2889" width=79><COL style="WIDTH: 282pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 13750" width=376><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 23.25pt" height=31><TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 69pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 23.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=92 height=31>Commission Earned
</TD><TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 59pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=79>Guaranteed Draw
</TD><TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 282pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=376>Total Income

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>$ 923.00 </TD><TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">$ 4,000.00 </TD><TD class=xl68 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Colum C should = Colum B2 + $ > than colum B2, AND If A2<B2 C="B</font" Colum then></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>$ 3,865.50 </TD><TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">$ 3,000.00 </TD><TD class=xl68 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Colum C should = Colum B2 + $ > than colum B2, AND If A2<B2 C="B</font" Colum then></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

If someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Zina Cannon

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Zina,

Welcome to the MrExcel board.

In your post we are missing the rest of "Colum C should = Colum B2 + $ > than colum B2, AND If A2"

Have a great day,
Stan

Upvote 0
Thanks Stan!

Here's what I need:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 484pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=645 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 484pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 23588" width=645><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 38.25pt" height=51><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3867a6 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 484pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 38.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef" width=645 height=51>Colum C should = Colum B2 + $ > than colum B2, AND If A2 < B2 formula should return B2 value</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0
Yes Stan that is correct. I entered the formula you have displayed but it is not calculating as yours does?

Upvote 0
I wish it were that simple. The result is contingent on the < or > value of A and B

Upvote 0
I wish it were that simple. The result is contingent on the < or > value of A and B

Based on the example Stanley posted and the formulas used, it seems that the max formula will work. With what values of A2 and B2 does it fail?

Upvote 0
I was able to get Stans formula to work. I missed (,) in writing the statement.

=IF(A2<B2,B2,A2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back