Creating a HTML document from a word document

Satheesh9012

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Team,

Thank you for your support in viewing my post and allowing me to post again with my query.

We have a folder which contains word documents which needs to have specific type of format, spacing, header and footer, for which i have a template in place how the word document should look like so i just need to copy all the contents from the word document saved in a specific folder to the template and save as specific naming format and covert in into HTML format, this should be repeated in all the word documents available in that specific folder.

It will be a great help if you could help me with a code that could ease the work.

Thank you again to read my question.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
In your last post on this topic (Copy Content from One Word Doc to Another) you asked:

To what fields do you refer and of what kinds are they?
Thank you @Macropod for your reply, it is actually a job description word document which we receive, we need to have a specific format for that particular document, for which we maintain a original template file which we refer to and make changes in received word file changes such as remove excess space, include header and footer(in some cases),alignment as it is in template file

So i thought if we could bring all the contents from the received word document to the template and save it in html format that could be very helpful

looking forward for your response.

Upvote 0
Unless the documents you receive have substantially the same structure as you require, you're liable to have to re-type them from scratch. If they do have substantially the same structure as you require, but the formatting is wrong, the best approach might be to:
1. copy the content from the documents you receive;
2. paste that content as unformatted text into an empty document based on your template; and
3. reformat the content after it has been pasted.

Without seeing representative examples of both a document you receive and a document based on your template, it's impossible to be more specific.

Upvote 0
@Macropod thank you so much for your response, i have attached the document we receive which we needs to be converted and the sample template how we want the document to be, so if we could bring the contents from word document(document to convert) to Sample template it will be easy, or else if you could provide a code based on your suggestion will also be of great help

Upvote 0
There is no attachment to your post - hardly surprising since attachments (other than images) aren't allowed here. You would need to upload your files to a file-hosting site and post a link here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back