Nova1979

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

Ideally I would like a formula to do this if it is at all possible

I am needing to run a 2 criteria search from WO Shortages (column B and E) against WS Report (column C and M) and only create a list in Results that does not have a match
The match MUST equal both criteria. If only one of the criteria is matched, then it should add to the list in Results
In the supplied sample images, I have highlighted 3 rows, these are matched on both requirements of the criteria from WO Shortages in WS Report based . I have placed the highlighted rows in the Results away from the list to indicate that it is that they should not be part of the main list that is returned. (These rows should not appear in the actual Results sheet)

If I have not explained enough, please let me know
Unfortunatley I am unable to utilse XL2BB hence the screen shots, so I appologise for this

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Results.JPG
    Results.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 14
  • WO Shortages.JPG
    WO Shortages.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
  • WS Report.JPG
    WS Report.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
How about
=IFERROR(INDEX('WO Shortages'!A$2:A$1000,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW('WO Shortages'!$B$2:$B$1000)-ROW('WO Shortages'!$B$2)+1)/(('WO Shortages'!$B$2:$B$1000<>'WS Report'!$C$2:$C$1000)*('WO Shortages'!$E$2:$E$1000<>'WS Report'!$M$2:$M$1000)), ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Sorry. All that seems to have done is copy WO Shortages line for line to results.

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
=IFERROR(INDEX('WO Shortages'!A$2:A$3000,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW('WO Shortages'!$B$2:$B$3000)-ROW('WO Shortages'!$B$2)+1)/((ISERROR(MATCH('WO Shortages'!$B$2:$B$3000,'WS Report'!$C$2:$C$3000,0)))*(ISERROR(MATCH('WO Shortages'!$E$2:$E$3000,'WS Report'!$M$2:$M$3000,0)))), ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

Upvote 0
Hello Fluff,

I have run the formula on a trial and it looks to be working. I will do a complete run early next week and let you know.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Hello Fluff,
The formula works extremely well.
I am wondering if it is possible to add a third component regarding quantities or is that getting too complicated?

The above formula is run and finds a matching item from WO Shortages in WS Report. This would be excluded from the list being creadted based on the 2 existing criteria.
A third requirement is then searched which checks WO Shortages column X (quantity required) against WS Report column O (quantity issued). If the numbers matched it is excluded.
If the issue quantity is less than required then it is listed

If this is not possible, or is overly complex, I am extremely happy with the supptort and help you have already provided.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I think it's best if you start a new thread for this. Thanks.

Upvote 0
As it is along the same line for help. Won’t it get locked/cancelled?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back